Thursday, February 10, 2005

singing aloud

I am the only one at the apartment right now... actually, I haven't seen my roommates all day. It's okay though. They are incuded in the group of 7 people that I don't want to strangle... I still like them. But I am also enjoying the company of musicians that can speak to my soul with their music.

While some people enkoy walking around naked, or pigging out in vast quantities of food when no one else is watching, I enjoy turning the music up way loud and singing at the top of my lungs. I know it's weird... but that's just what I enjoy. I am sure I am going to LOVE that aspect of living on my own.

The Beach Boys' God Only Knows.
Point of Grace's The Great Divide.
Shane and Shane's Barren Land.
Mandalay's Deep Love.
Nelly Furtado's On the Radio.
David Gray's This Year's Love.
Ben Folds Five's Selfless, Cold, and Composed.
Clay Aiken's Solitaire.
S Club 7's Never Had a Dream Come True.

All this music has spoken to me in so many ways tonight... This is the way I am when no one is around... when no one is watching or listening... This is the real me. Thoughtful, pensive, meditative, introspective...

I know a lot of times, I seem ridiculously opinionated... possibly to the point that I come across as a punk. But you know what? Every punk has a soft side. And you know what... even the people I throroughly don't care for very much... they have a soft side too. I can appreciate that (but their punkiness outweighs their softness). In the midst of being pissed off at people, confused as to where life will take me next, and possibly more alone than I have ever felt, I find comfort in evenings like this...

I came home from school... slept until quarter to 8... ran to get some fast food... brought it back and watched Marisa kiss another chick on The OC... got nausiated watching the worse show on Nick at Nite (Full House)... and then started listening to my blissful music.

It was simple... low stress... involved no human life forms other than my own, the people at Hardee's and the people on TV. I liked it... I'm okay with it.

People annoy me sometimes. A lot of times. What can I say? I'm an elitest asshole. I like things to be a certain way... and when individuals who are supposed to be grown or have a little sense just do stupid, thoughtless, insensitive things, I feel as if I would rather not associate with them. Yeah, I know I just went from softy back to jerk state, but I don't care.

It's time to grow up and truly start thinking wisely instead of just off the cuff.

Nights of singing along to loud sweet music inspire me to think wisely.

"...the precious gift of music."

No comments: