What does society think they are doing? Having things shut down for half a week for Thanksgiving, and then we are supposed to be projected back into that mess for another 3 weeks and we are supposed to be okay with that?
If it was up to me, we would be out the whole Thanksgiving week... and that would be it for the year. Now before you spaz, listen, 'cause this is really an idea that could work. And instead of coming back for 3 highly unproductive weeks before Christmas, we could just come back at the beginning of the year... and go for 12 more weeks... that would put us at like the beginning of April. Then, we'd have all of April off. We'd come back at the beginning of May and go from May to July and then have all of August off... so you get that?
1st Trimester - Sept. - Nov.
DECEMBER (WINTER) BREAK
2nd Trimester - Jan. - Mar.
APRIL (SPRING) BREAK
3rd Trimester - May - July
AUGUST (SUMMER) BREAK
GAWD! I should be in charge of the school district. I have just solved the problem of year-round school. It's still 9 months. We still basically get 3 months off total, with the extra week for Thanksgiving. I'm going to take the nation's department of education by storm...
Anyway, I had a GREAT Thanksgiving break. Too much fun with my long lost buddy from Brushy Creek, Northwood, and Eastside, Steven. Great times. Unfortunately, yesterday, I married off yet another of my friends (btw, Mandy was 2 weeks ago). Allyson Davies is now Allyson Davies-Powell... which is so weird, 'cause the name "Allyson Davies" is almost like a name that will always be amongst the halls of Eastside High School... along with the likes of Jackie Baker, Drew Leventis, Ern Mills, Beth Reese, Lauren DeWeil, Oliver Lollis, Jeff Ashworth, Holly Nolan, Hamilton Parks... lol. Seriously though... it made me think of the good times at good ol' EHS.
It also shocked me into the realization that no one is getting any younger... it's marryin' time. It's so weird... and so depressing to a degree...
hrmph...
ANTYWAYS (that so wasn't a typo, just to let you know)... I don't bitch and moan in here... I do that in the other blog... in here I just develop ways to take over the system... hence my trimester plan. Y'all look out for that in the forthcoming years. Some of your kids will be on that track... just wait and see, bitches...
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, you got another friend who is about to get himself married. That's right, pretty soon I will be Mr. Freddie McChrisserson!
Awww hammy I will always haunt the halls of Eastside High School with you and you can bet when it is time to give your name to some lucky girl I will be there watching, so proud.. I love you, we need to get together over Thanksgiving!!!
Post a Comment