Thursday, April 06, 2006

breathe... just breathe

Not only is this the song by Anna Nalick that I am listening to, but it is what I have done this week. I have been laid up inside my house for 3 days now, recovering from toe surgery. The surgery was actually an enjoyable experience. The drugs they gave me were phenomenal. LOL. The pain accompaning the recovery has been quite minimal also. I think I probably have a high threshold for pain, but in all honesty, I have forgotten that there is a foreign object in my foot.

Anyway, this week, and having nothing to do has allowed me to breathe... not just literally, but figuratively. I haven't had anything to think about really. I have just been laying around slothfully. At times, I have felt nasty and disgusting because of my situation, but then I realize that I'm not in school, I'm not being bothered with anyone, and my family and a few extremely genuine friends have been available to help me with just about anything.

Ironically, the situation that is ALWAYS at hand hasn't really come up at all. I mean, the anonymity reared a few days ago with a seemingly caring phone call and the threat of a visit, but other than that, things haven't bothered me all that much. I think V E R Y slowly, I am getting over the anonymity. Then again, do you really get over someone that you admit to loving?

ANYWAY, two nights ago, I watched the series finale of Sex and the City. Can we say waterworks? The last 5 minutes of that show had me crying like a broke crack whore in bad need of a hit. I am so friggin' emotional. I need to get over that... 'cause in a way, it's embarrassing. But, as I told one of my good friends the other day, and as I wrote about in the last entry, you need to let that stuff out. If you don't you go crazy.

Speaking of crazy, I am almost at that point. I am tired of eating ready made food, laying on the sofa watching millions of syndicated sitcoms, and traipsing through my house with crutches. I am dying to leave the comfy seclusion of "The Villa." What sucks even more is that the weather has been nothing less than phenomenal. And I KNOW that as soon as I am able to go outside, it's gonna start raining or something. So is my life...

I also haven't taken a shower since Monday morning. I smell terrible. I am going to attempt to shower after I finish this entry. They told me today I can take the bandage off of my foot and begin wearing my air cast thingy again, so hopefully, that will allow for a little more mobility and excitement in my life.

Maybe I needed this week, not only to recover from my toe surgery, but to recover from the past 3 months of my life. Like my toe, my heart was broken, and it needed to be repaired and bandaged. The sad part is that I will potentially be able to walk on my foot later today--I know I won't be able to love or even like for a good while.

Time to breathe is just that... Who knows when time to love will come back around... if it will at all.

No comments: