Am I lame?
I mean, I try to be a fun guy, but you know, sometimes, funness doesn't lend itself to me.
Like last night, for example...
I know that I was not the most exciting guy ever at the event that I went to, but I think I had good reason to not be highly amused.
First of all, I am a shy individual. I am. I just am. I can't help it. It doesn't mean that I am a prude, or not fun, or boring... it just means that it takes a minute for me to warm up to people. I think most people would agree that once I have warmed up, I am quite an enjoyable person to be around. It just takes me a minute. It also takes something else...
For me to warm up to a person, that person has to be worth my warming up. Now this is where I know that I am going to come off as a snob or sadiddy... but you know what, I could really care less. It has taken me a lot to get to the point where I am in my life, and I am not going to compromise it because there are other people in this world that think that being successful and intelligent is "uncool."
Point blank: I don't like dumb people. Hello? I do have the dumb pe0ple blog. While I haven't written in it in about 2 years, dumb people are STILL out in full force. And, it seems that now that I am out of college and in contact with the non-collegiate world, the ignorance and stupidity is even more rampant than in college. As a matter of fact, I am going to give all of the "dumb pe0ple" addressed in the blog that went to Clemson (and actually FINISHED) a huge apology. Okay, not an apology... yeah, y'all were stupid, but I will charge it to your attempts to live the college life to the fullest ('cause out of college actually is pretty lame).
Anyway, like I said, the dumb people... I hate them. The types of people who do and say stupid things that could be avoided with a little preconcieved thought. I know to the dumb people in question, that takes a lot of the fun away from things, but life can be just as fun... If you learn to appreciate those who do use their minds and not think of them as lifeless losers.
Now, I am in no way saying that anyone called me that or treated me as one (except for one fake tanned janky mout' hobitch with a too small jacket and some $5 bobo shoes who thought she was the most amazing thing that Ohio had to offer). I am just saying that I, honestly, would have considered myself one... I mean, compared to some of the individuals there.
Anyway, I am faced with this dilemma this year in Greenville... I mean, I survived one year... and it was good... Um. SIKE. It was alright. A huge learning experience, yes. Anyway, it seems as if there is a lack of good, decent people to just befriend. I am in NO way looking for an r-thingy. I am, this time, looking for an f-thingy: a FRIENDship. Yes, I have friends here... Steven and Kate most definitely, but they both have their own lives... Kate friggin' has a HUSBAND, HELLO? I also have other friends too... I don't see or talk to them as frequently, but they are around... and of course, there are people from school. I have 3 good teacher friends, but as much as I appreciate them, sometimes, I feel as if there is only so much time I should spend with co-workers. I dunno.
So, I am plagued with being lame and short on friends. It really isn't BAD, persay... just a little... disappointing sometimes. And it's not even really upsetting... just because I understand why: I am young, basically just out of college, NOT dating anyone, and limited with time due to work and school... plus, I am coming out of an amazing college experience with the most amazing friends I could have ever asked for. So, for now, I will deal with coming off as lame. There have to be some other lame people who are also looking for acquaintances...
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment