Wednesday, March 02, 2005

barrenness

It would seem to just about any person that keeps up with this blog (which has tragically become something to fill the time when I am not sleeping or doing something for school) that I tend to go through catch phrases. Some of them are (in random order):

It shall come to pass...
I rule.
If I were like thee, I'd throw away myself.
To him that o'ercometh...
I've been waiting on my own too long.
Isn't it obvious?
Don't change your plans for anyone.
Where there is faith...
...yadda yadda yadda.

All of these but 2 are song lyrics. This rut that I'm in right now is no different from any other. Once again, there is a song that has been speaking to me. This song really works for this particular situation. Sadly enough, whenever it's melody is in my mind or words are on my lips, I tend to get a little emotional.

The song is Barren Land by Shane Barnard and Shane Everett. It's pretty much in my mind whenever I'm not at school or doing something productive... which means that from about 4 pm until 7:30 am the next morning, it is haunting my spirit. Thankfully, it is a song of hope... and in it, I find hope. It starts out "Barren land can overflow with life and fruit and fields that grow." Then, as like a resolve to the opening statement, at the end of the chorus, it says "And barren land WILL overflow with life and fruit and fields that grow."

To these precious lyrics, I simply say, "please overflow." It's like I am the barren land... a land that for so long has been void of any life or prosper... for so long, there has been no rain, or hardly even hope for it. The song also says, "But if for rain to fall irresistably call... But if for rain to heal uncontrollably fill..."

I try to tell myself that rain is coming. But I don't really know. Most of the time, I have pretty strong faith, you know... but, this time, I'm kinda in the dark... or in the draught, in terms of this song. I know that the song says "barren land WILL overflow," but all I can do is hope that it will.

So often, I really feel alone. Like REALLY alone. Yes, I have lots of friends... and several close friends... maybe about 4 best friends. But sometimes, when I'm driving back from a meeting, or just alone by myself and I'm like, I need to talk to someone... there is NO ONE that I can think of that I really want to go to about EVERYTHING. I kinda feel like I'm gonna get judged regardless.

But I mean, I guess why the blog is here... and Shane and Shane produced that wonderful ballad. It's how you live in barrenness, I suppose.

No comments: