I am really depressed right now. I know that it's really kinda stupid, and even sad in itself, but seriously, I am not in the best of moods. The campers that have been here for the past 2 weeks left today. I am not exaggerating when I say that they are the best group of campers that I have EVER worked with. Hands down, they are the elite. Fun, well behaved, just all around good kids. I found myself more FRIENDS with them than just a counselor to them... and that is what made this week so special.
I honestly could hang out all day with that group of kids. I could listen to Reggie's Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes all day... I could watch Ashwin try to dance and Matty dance circles around him all day... I could talk about Chi Omega to no end with Ryan... I could debate with David all day... I could listen to Cheech sing It's Raining Men all day... I could listen to Michelle talk in her little country accent all day... I could talk to Orange Chris about band all day... I could try to prove to Rico that I still have my "pimp juice" all day... I could listen to Alex's homemade raps all day long... I could even sit in Harcombe while they all surrounded me asking if they could leave--all day long. They were all that cool.
Throughout the disagreements, annoyances, laughs, scowls, and smiles, I had an excellent time. All I hope is that I get to stay in touch with some or all of the campers. This week alone has really made me want to come back as a counselor next year... and it's really got me nervous about next week... I know the kids aren't going to be as much fun or as cool as the kids from this week. We already have "The Archies" here... some of them are just as stuck up as they wanna be. They obviously don't know me that well...
Saturday, June 19, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hamilton! awww your blogs about camp make me so so so sad! i miss camp so bad as you can tell from the tears i had leaving. i would have never thought when i first arrived there that i would get so attached but i think you and the rest of the councelors made its a really fun experience. i hope you do stay a councelor for next year because i hope to come back-- possibly for 3 weeks next time! it all seems like one big dream cause i can honestly say i have never had so much fun in my life. thanks for the great time! miss you much, Jessica Scanlon
jessica! You were fabulous!!!! I miss you oodles!!!! ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!! ><> Nichole
oh my goodness HEY HAMILTON!!!! its Brittany...i miss you all so much. its worse now that i'm actually GONE..much worse than it was when i actually left. i wish i could be there sooooo much to pick on the new children with you but i can't. you and the rest of the counselers MUST come back next year so you get to spend 3 weeks with me. have a good summer...i'll miss you!-----love, Brittany
Hamilton that was such a great blog I started crying while I read it. Never would I have thought from the first night that two weeks later I would be crying over leaving 60 seemingly strangers, I will never forget these two weeks the good parts and the bad. And even though I hated the humidity I would be honored if one day I was accepted to Clemson, though I think my first chose would be UVA (sorry)! Thanks for all that you and the counselors did. Not only did you look after us but you didn't look down on us because we were younger as many of the Plastics did! I miss all of you and hope that maybe I'll be aloud to come back next year!-Liz McFadden
Post a Comment