Don't worry. It's not serious depression. I was just on campus today... and it was a highly novel experience. Last semester, if I wasn't over at the Brooks Center for band, I was getting off of the CAT bus at the Trustee House and going to Tillman. I hadn't been on the other side of Brackett since this summer. Today I walked behind there again... delivering recommendation letters for grad school. Everyone was rushing to get to their classes. That is when it hit me... I don't have any more classes. I might as well not be a college student. I feel so old and distant from everyone. I know it's all cool and all not to have to report to class and have assignments due... but honestly, I feel as if I am not on the same level as my friends... don't get me wrong. I don't think I am any BETTER than they are... I just feel old and archaic now.
On top of that, Jenee and I had a really deep discussion just about an hour ago. It was way too deep and intense to put in here... but it's got my head swimming. It's a good thing I don't have anything productive to do tomorrow, 'cause this is gonna have me in deep contemplation for a while...
To him that o'ercometh, God giveth a crown...
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment