...let's just say I was asleep from the time I finished that entry to 6 pm. I'm telling you, the life of a hermit is not fun in the least. But, I guess I should appreciate it while I have it. I woke up to my mom welcoming me into the land of the living and saying, "Well, I guess you'll be up all night! Why don't you paint your room while you are at home?" Thank you, mother, for giving me the go ahead to paint my room now that I have no more free time this break.
She and my dad are on this HUGE renovating campaign. It started with Centex repairing what they screwed up when they built the house 8 years ago... then they just got new hardwood floors. Thursday, we are getting the foyer and family room painted COLORS... not just white. It's going to be dramatic.
My mom has me SO involved in this. I guess it's... nice... but honestly, the color of our house doesn't mean much to me anymore. I'm more concerned with the color of MY house... whenever that will come. I'm ready for it.
My mom asked me that today... if I am ready to be an adult... SSHHHYEEEAH! I am MORE than ready for responsibility and being grown... being responsible for myself and when people see me they will be like, "That is Hamilton," not "That is Toney's son." I HATE THAT. Seriously, I hate that more than anyone will know. Well, Jenee probably understands, seeing how her dad is an idol to Clemson football fans everywhere. It's kinda like all my life, I have lived in the shadow of my dad. He's well known and well respected, which is great and all, but i want to be known for me.
That's why I pride myself in the things I have accomplished... like all my titles and awards in high school... being a drum major at Clemson. It's nice to be known for your own good qualities, not those of the people you are associated with. I could never say that to my dad because it would seem like some sort of slap in the face to him... like, I don't want to be associated with him. But not really... I just don't want to have to hang on to his coattails, that's all. I can hold my own...
...And this is why I am not looking forward to work this week. My dad used to work at Rich's. unfortunately, he hasn't been gone long enough for other people to leave and there be completely new employees there. As soon as I walked in the door, "My, you have grown up a lot!" WELL, HELL! Do they expect me to be 12 for the rest of my life? Ugh.
Believe it or not, I'm feeling tired again... maybe I'm not really tired. It's just that I have nothing else to write and the good TV doesn't come on for another hour. Nap time, part deux?
Monday, January 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment