...that's all her Dollar General name tag says. This one lady might have been the sweetest person I came in contact with today.
I love all the ladies that work at my neighborhood Dollar General. Yeah, I know it's cheap to shop there, but I am not exactly rolling in the dough. I LOVE DG. I basically go there for my toiletries and stuff... you know, lotion, hair product, bandaids... stuff like that.
Well, today after school I went in there. I wasn't necessarily tired or in an extremely bad mood... I just had to stay at work longer for a meeting (I hardly ever go home angry anymore... I love my kids). Anyway, I go in, and the first person I see is Pat... tall, skinny, tan, with crinkly flat hair.
"How, you doin', hunnie?" she said. I was immediately in a state of euphoria. I love when sweet women call me honey... or in this case, "hunnie." See, there is a difference. It's in the way you say the second grapheme. "-ny" or "-nie." BIG difference there.
Anyway, I go get my two little things and wait for her to check me out.
"Hey, hunnie, is this gonna be it?... That'll be $4.20, sweetie."
Excitement time's THREE... she called me hunnie first, then sweetie, and my total came to $4.20 (which in immense irony is becoming my new favorite number... I'm always looking at the clock at 4:20, or purchasing exactly 4.20 gallons of gas, or buying something that comes to exactly $4.20, or getting change that is exactly $4.20)!!!
Anyway, finally, she was like, "$15.80 is your change, you have a good afternoon and you come back to see us, okay, hunnie?"
AAAAHHHH!!! The LOVE.
She doesn't know the influence she has on customers. I love her. She is so perfect, and I want to go back JUST to see her again.
I heart Pat.
See... Love. It's a simple thing...
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment