Yeah... I know that this is a great thing to come by on the 228th anniversary of our independence, but things have just been escalating, and quite frankly, I have always thought of America as a big bully. So we whipped up on the Brits, Nazis, and Vietnamese, and now we are fighting in the middle east. I just want to live somewhere that doesn't have a history of fighting all the time. I mean, yeah, we were attacked on September 11, 2001... It sucked. It was sad. Lots of people died. Well, as elementary as this is gonna sound, does that mean that we have to avenge ourselves. We teach kids over and over again to treat others as we would like to be treated. Obviously, Al Qaeda and all those other middle eastern fellows (I don't know specifics... I try to stay out of all of this mess) aren't living by this golden rule, but if we turn around and bomb them and kill them, then we are jut making things worse. I know it seems as if I don't know what I'm talking about... I don't watch the news... mostly because I don't want to hear about this stuff. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that there is some heavy duty BS going on in the world, and the United States has a lot to do with it. Sure, we stand for freedom and all, but do we stand for freedom at the cost of innocent lives lost? I'm gonna stop talking about this in a minute, becase I KNOW that I don't know enough about all of this warfare and foreign policy and political crap to REALLY make a valid statement or be a legitimate voice of reason, but all I know is that in my ignorance, I have discovered that I don't WANT to know about all of this... I don't want to have to be worried with the affairs of my country. It is "my right" to have a say in what goes on, and not to have a say... I relinquish all of my rights to have a say in what goes on to the people who have a f-ing clue... Those loud mouth political people who can argue for hours on end about policy and all that BS... I really wouldn't like to be bothered with that mess. I know it is QUITE unpatriotic of me, but if you ask me, the only time America is really patriotic is when 50,000 people die in two 110 story collapsed buildings or the 4th day in the month of July. We are such fair weather citzens... But like I said, I'm not going to talk about it anymore, because I DON'T know what I'm talking about... Just getting my thoughts out is enough for me.
But I am going to do something about it. I have ALWAYS always ALWAYS wanted to move to Australia. When I think of paradise, I think of this little continent sitting humbly in the cool waters of the South Pacific. I think I said it in one of my more recent entries that I am moving there... I have made up my mind that I really am. This school year, I am going to do a lot of research and find out what I can do to go there. I would love to go there for grad school and maybe start my life there then, but if I have to, I would go to grad school there and then move out there. Regardless, I want to go there TO LIVE. I've always wanted to live in Sydney. TELL ME that this isn't beautiful...
So on first glance, this place wins. I am pretty ignorant about Australia and it's politics too, so I think that I am going to definitely have to research that too. But, from what I can tell, they seem to stay out of worldly drama... and the big bad United States hasn't had to go and intervene to help them in any way, so it would seem to me that they are a pretty okay group of "mates." But like I said, I am going to research. I gotta get up out of this land of the free and home of the so brave that they have to go fight everyone else's battle for them...

1 comment:
wow-- somebody else with a anti-4th of july blog entry! that was the topic of my blog today also. of course my entry about not liking the 4th was for different reasons, but sydney looks awsome. i've always wanted to live there too. -- Jessica
Post a Comment