So, last night was my first night sleeping here in Manning. It was definitely one for the record books. I've got nothing but good memories so far, but I'm sure that is going to change because I don't think the hot water is working in the showers... ugh.
Anyway, the night started at Craps' with a birthday party for Tiggy. Mmmmm... delicious "fruit and beverage" as Jenee and I would say. Those very same pieces of fruit were the culprits for putting me in the state I was in last night.
We ended up leaving fairly early... I kept saying, "It's not even last call yet!" It was a Saturday night though, so last call was really around midnight. But, I was thinking last call on a weeknight. It's okay though, because it is probably a good thing that we left when we did. When I got back to Manning and realized my state, it was too late...
...not late enough, however, for Kamikaze to call. Ooh wee... I was all smiles. And it was so funny because earlier that evening, Kamikaze said, "You know what would be funny? If you got drunk and I got drunk at the same time!" You see, Kamikaze is not in Clemson... hehe... surprise anyone? But it's true. And last night, Kamikaze wasn't even at home in Kingstree. The call I got was from a drunken Kamikaze who was leaving some sort of establishment in Greensboro, NC.
We talked for a L O N G time... 'til like 4:30 in the morning or so. I loved it. And yes... we were both drunk. But, the awesome thing about the two of us is that regardless of how drunk we were, it never got risque... and I like that a lot. I have never had this much of an emotional connection with someone before. I honestly feel like talking with Kamikaze is just as intense as if we were physically together.
You know... it sucks... just to be far apart. But the AMAZING thing is that somewhere, someone is thinking about me. And seriously, THAT is something that I have wanted to feel for such a long time. When I get a call from Kamikaze and I hear the words, "I think about you a lot," all I can do is smile. I truly understand what Kristen and Antley talk about now.
See... the first night in Manning was ever so excellent.
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment