Saturday, May 21, 2005

wedding #4

Today I drove to Lexington for my friend Cheryl's wedding. Yes... this was wedding number 4 for the year. Can you believe it? I'm not even going to begin to discuss the plethora of weddings planned for the year, nor am I going to talk about the plethora of weddings I have already attended this year.

It was a very tender wedding though... I think the best part about the wedding was the look on Cheryl's face as the doors opened for her to come down the aisle. She was one big huge ball of boo hoo. IT WAS SO TENDER! The doors opened and all I could see was this big huge smile amidst the most sweet tears of joy. It was one of those situations where I couldn't help but smile. I mean... GAH! You know that's deep when you can feel the love so much. I mean seriously. I coulda cut me a slice out of the air. It was so tender.

You know, being in the midst of all of that emotion and love just makes one want to be in love. It's funny. It was like it was almost contagious. Not to mention, I had a 2 and a half hour drive back to Clemson to let everything marinate.

I guess it's pretty clear that with Such Great Heights on the brain, this new interest, and weddings abound that there's lots goin' on upstairs... possibly even within the chest cavity.

Okay, look... like... I've never gotten goosebumps just talking to a random person. I've never just thought about someone or mentioned them and then my phone rings and their name is showing up on the screen. I've never had someone call and say, "I was thinking about you." I've never wanted to drop everything just to be with someone... until now.

And you know, I don't know if it's real, or if Such Great Heights and all these weddings are serving as catalysts. I honestly don't know.

But what I do know, is that I am better than this... to let something like this consume me so much... I KNOW that it is not good for me. I am just setting myself up...

OMG...

OMG. The craziest fucking thing in the whole universe just happened...

As I am writing about this weird situation that I am in... my phone rang. It was the ever so sweet person in question. And you know, I don't really know a lot of what was said... but I know that "I like you a lot, Hamilton" was said. And my heart started beating really fast... and I got goosebumps... and I started smiling like a big dumb ass. I mean, like a BIG dumb ass. I'm just DUMBfounded. I'm serious when I say that this has never happened. It's too much. In the words of my friend Amanda who I crushed on in high school, "Me lungs hurt." When she found out I liked her, she said, "Me lungs hurt." We laughed... but oh, Amanda... I know what you were talking about.

The only song that comes to mind right now is Beyonce's Crazy in Love. I'm honestly feeling CRAZY right now. I wouldn't go so far as to call it love... but this is a crazy feeling I've got goin' on. It's seriously got me lookin' so crazy right now.

So, in an attempt to not appear so trite and fucking schoolgirlish, I'm going to go, listen to Crazy in Love, and await another phone call.

Such a funny thing for me to try to explain
How I'm feelin' and my pride is the one to blame
Cause I know I don't understand
Just how your love can do what no one else can...

No comments: