So lately, church has been for real serious. I don't know whether it's me being grown up, or just the fact that Jesus is pickin' at me hard. My dad said something absolutely profound (he has been saying a lot of profound things lately, as he isn't preaching this month so any chance he gets to say anything, he lets it all out):
"Life and death is in the power of the tongue."
So very true... in so many ways.
See, I have been writing in my secret blog just about every night for the past few days... yeah, some serious stuff going on upstairs. I have actually been in a pretty lousy mood since my birthday. But, I haven't said anything in here, nor spoken any of it to anyone... frankly because I feel like all I ever do is whine in here, and I know that is not very becoming of me... and another thing is, if you talk like you are miserable, you'll be miserable. And honestly, I have always thought this way... I really have. It kinda goes along with Ham Rule #9: No Self-Proclaimed Crushes (see all the Ham Rules here). You speak it, then it comes into truth.
Another thing that was said at church was by my Sunday School teacher... he made the remarkable discovery that there is a cycle of depression... this is how it works...
You're depressed for whatever reason --> No one wants to hang around a depressed person --> You get even more depressed because no one wants to hang around you --> No one wants to hang around a depressed person --> etc.
How profound huh?
So seriously... If you live your life depressed, you'll basically remain that way... all because YOU have spoken it upon yourself.
And yes, it's easier said than done. I'm willing to admit that... Hence why I keep my secret blog... so I can keep my depressing thoughts to myself and not speak them into truth for the whole internet community (and triangle head girl... LOL).
Sorry to get all serious on y'all today...
...pass the collection plate. Church is now over.
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment