Friday, May 21, 2004

i hate summer school

So today, I had my first quiz in Western Civ. Yes. And yesterday was my first day of class (emphasis on "MY" first day). Clas started on Tuesday. I, however, did not decide to go until yesterday. Read about that mess here. So anyway, the first quiz... it sucked. I mean, it wasn't bad. But I definitely didn't ace it. I HATE Western Civ. I am a big dumb loser senior taking it right now, 'cause I took the 173 class my freshman year, made a C, and got scared. So now, I am sweating it out with about 20 other people at 8 am every morning. The class itself isn't too bad. I know 3 people in the class... and it's a really small class, so that is good. I think I will be more happy about class come Thursday... when I actually move back to Clemson. Right now I have to drive back and forth daily. Poor Kyle... I know he is just hurting... but ol' King Congruence here is hurting having to pay $2 a gallon to keep gas in him. Ugh.

Anyway, I don't like summer school right now. Clemson just seems like a VERY sad place. There is no one there. I saw all of 3 people when walking to class this morning. I did see more after my class got out at 9:30, but there still aren't a lot of people. As beautiful as the campus is, the Clemson family makes Clemson what it is too. It's nice to walk to class by the fountain and it be all peaceful and stuff, but it would be nice to look up from the fountain and see a ton of people walking on the bridge.

I know when I get back things aren't gonna be too much different, but I will have campers... I am SO excited. There will be more people at Clemson and I will be doing something fun with kids younger than me. I am really pumped about this because I have never really worked with high schoolers (except for at Seneca High), I will be working with some really cool people (Hoke, Bryce, little bro #2 and Tripp), and it's SUMMER CAMP... which I love insanely. I am having severe 4H camp withdrawl. I can't believe it. I just worked there for 2 summers, and it feels like it was something that was INGRAINED into my life... like, "School is out, so it's time to go to Camp Bob Cooper." Not this year. But, I SERIOUSLY do miss it. Being at Camp Cooper and Camp Long just put me at ease, believe it or not. Even with the bad kids, I was barely ever stressed out. Everything was just so much fun. I REALLY hope that this camp at Clemson will be just as enjoyable for me... but as my motto for camp last year was, "Less of me..." camp is for the KIDS.

(please don't let this sweet and uplifting final paragraph take away from the title of the entry... I DO hate summer school.

No comments: