Okay y'all... I am SO bored. SO bored in fact, that I have started to ponder what life will be like in the fall... Balancing school, band, the great social life of a 21 year old that lives off campus with his best friends, writing for The Tiger... and then I started getting nervous about just that... writing for The Tiger. I have done that which I absolutely hate doing. I have apparently set a precendence for myself. I have made people belive that I am a great and hysterical writer, and while my opinions may not be kosher or family friendly, they are funny. Dammit. I HATE doing this. It will leave me no room to mess up or make mistakes, or write anything bad.
My dear Guiding Spirit, Anna Manning told me the other day how excited she was about me making The Tiger staff. I was of course flattered when she told me how great I'd be. Then she started talking about how EVERYONE reads my blog and it's SO great, and because of it I know SO many people. Well, thanks Anna (love you... mean it), I don't want all of my merit to stand on this little blog thing... although one day I would love for my memoirs to be made into a Lifetime movie. But as for now... in college... This is just a hobby... and I would hate for everyone to think that I am some sort of opinionistic primadonna. THAT title goes to Matt Williams.
I have talked about him before... but I don't think I gave him all the props he deserves. The man is hysterical... His little catch phrases will either make you smile, or all out "laugh out loud." I heard from someone that he graduated a few weeks ago. But I was reading one of his last articles from The Tiger this year, and it said, something about being a junior and "we have to graduate soon." I think it would be AWESOME to work alongside him... but there is only one drawback. He's so awesome! How am I ever going to extablish myself as a good writer if my column is next to HIS (and I mean that with the UTMOST respect towards him)? I mean, sure, my blog is great... but that's 'cause it is pretty much the best blog of all of MY friends (yes... I am THAT conceited). I write daily if not several times a day, I'm truthful, blunt, self criticizing, and most importantly, critical of other people (hehe). But when there are two equally blunt, truthful, self criticizing, and peer criticizing individuals writing side by side, one is gonna obviously be better... and that one is gonna be the person that criticizes the other, while the other wastes away with nothing to write about but how much a of a loser he thinks he is (see, I'm already doing it... Thanks, Matt Williams).
At any rate, I really respect Matt Williams and if he will still be on staff next year, that will be great. If not, then I'll be the HNIC. HAHA!
Tuesday, May 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment