The Band Geek Revolution
In the last entry, I closed by sending Kate happy thoughts for the Miss Clemson Pageant, which was on Friday night. Well, I think that my happy thoughts did her well... along with her beauty, intelligence, and talent. KATE MOON IS MISS CLEMSON UNIVERSITY 2004! She was OBVIOUSLY the most beautiful girl at the pageant, AND she won for the best interview and the best talent... I can't even begin to tell you how amazingly she did... All of her AXO sisters were proud of her, as they very well should have been... but THE BAND... WE WERE SOOOOOO PROUD! We cheered during the whole pageant for her... and when she won, we gave her a standing ovation... IT WAS THE BAND GEEK REVOLUTION! Kate, a band geek just like the rest of us, proved that you can be in band AND be all that and a bag of potato chips. When we all joined band at our respective schools however many years ago, we pretty much gave up coolness... we sacrificed popularity and acceptance for the joy of music... and now that we are in college, and popularity really doesn't exist in the first place, we are a little cooler and a little more respected... BUT, Kate showed everybody that a band geek can rock out on ANYBODY ANYTIME ANYWHERE! GO KATE! She is Clemson's Queen, but first and foremost, she is the band geek's queen. Click here for a pic of Miss Clemson and all of her adoring band geeks.
Dance Dance Revolution
The second revolution of the weekend lasted for 24 hours... Dance Dance Revolution occured Friday night when Patrick, Nick, Anna, and I attacked the club. It was so much fun, as going to the club was the week before... HOWEVER, on Saturday night, while in Greensboro for the Women's ACC Tournament, Nick, Jamie (a cheerleader), and I went to a club... THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING MUSIC I HAVE EVER DANCED TO!!! The beats were amazing, the DJ was off the meat rack, and it was just an incredible experience... Okay, I'm about to sound like a COMPLETE weirdo, but the music hit me in a way that it never had before... I closed my eyes and started doing this crazy hand/arm gyrating thing... It's hard to explain, but usually, dancing just involves my feet and lower body, but this music was so intense that my arms and hands were just all over the place... I felt like a raver... Hehe... IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I got lost in the music... I forgot about everything... time, space, how tired I was ('cause I only slept 5 hours the night before), and all the work that is waiting for me this week (ugh). I want to dance like that all the time... I want to experience a Dance Dance Revolution ALL the time... or at least once a week. That was some fun ish.
::sigh:: what an INCREDIBLE weekend!
Sunday, March 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment