So, I cannot wait until after lunch today to write in here... I am having serious withdrawl. Kinda like how I was having serious grape kool-aid withdrawl. Jenee was kind enough to take me to Bi-Lo late last night so I could get some... and when I got there, I contemplated getting cherry instead... but she said, "But you love grape kool-aid!" That made me feel special that she knew what I liked so much that she discouraged me from getting another flavor. That was sweet...
...sweet like the kool-aid. See, the whole reason that I went and got some is because I was in a state of fasting and praying yesterday... I dunno if all of you out there in blog land know what that is, but fasting is when you don't eat as a demonstration of humility and focus on what it is you are praying about. I dunno if anyone saw the entry that I wrote late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, but it was a prayer... a prayer that I have prayed for a long time, but I that prayer is a little more relevant now. It's hard for me to stick to fasts and stuff... but my parents do it quite often... I mean, I guess that is what I get for being the son of a preacher man... But, if they can do it, I figured I could too. I did all yesterday too. And I realized that I was doing the right thing when I was about to give in and just do the 6:00 fast where you don't eat until after 6, but those plans got squashed... ironic really. I was going to go to KKPsi night at Columbo's, but I called to see if people were still there, and they were all leaving. So, I decided to just not eat.
I have pretty strong faith... except for when it comes to the r-word, of course... but I feel like this fast has given me even greater strength... But, the fast alone has not helped... Erin. Yes, my darling buddy who resides in the Vera-less Sparkle City. I talked to her yesterday about this whole situation, because she normally helped me out when it came to stuff like this. Just because she has a boyfriend really doesn't mean we have nothing in common. If anything, she could help me out, you know? So, I IMed her in the middle of the day yesterday. It was so good to talk to her. It was like old times. I vented, she listened. She's such a good listener. We are good for each other like that. Anyway, she game me some absolutely stellar advice. Ironically, it is the same as the Alicia Keys Ham Rule: Don't Fall. Her exact words were "it might be difficult but DONT FALL until you KNOW the facts." She is great. And if anything, her dating Bryan has given her one up on situations like this. She's never really given me advice like this before... but this advice seems really good... and the most important part is that it shows how much she cares. Thank you, Erin. I love you SO much!
Anyway, I know all of this is vague, but the reason I'm not saying much is because like Erin said, I can't fall... and writing about this situation in full detail in here is like falling... actually, it's like the No Self-Proclaimed Crushes Rule... but we all know how much I follow that rule... I'm going to play by the rules, take heed to Erin's advice, and walk by faith... and drink my grape kool-aid.
Friday, March 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment