Thursday, January 29, 2004

long day

Where the heck to I start??? Hmm... Well, I think I'll start from the begining. I had all my classes... nothing really excited happened in any of them... although I did get to eat breakfast with Hoke after Igo's class. After all my classes, I knew I had to get ready and go to Seneca... but I had the strangest craving for some Minute Maid Apple Berry Juice from Schilletter... so, I came back to my room, picked up my Nalgene bottle and my blessed penny (I'll explain in a minute). I went into Schilletter, not trying to get any food, not trying to cause any problems, and this lady comes up to me and says that I can't take anything out of the dining hall because of just that... it's a "dining hall." So, I was cooperating, telling her that I had done it in the past and didn't know that it wasn't allowed and that I would pour it out if she wanted me to... she said, "Well, honey, go ahead and take it this time, but you can't do it again, okay?" WOW. I'm tellin' ya... it's all in the blessed penny...

This penny that I am talking about is really special. Today has been the first day that I haven't had it with me all day in my right pocket since I think last Tuesday. It's a really simple little coin... not well polished or incredibly shiny... it's actually more brown than copper. It is a 2002 issued penny that I found shining in the grass over by the Brooks Center when I was talking to Tarik on the phone about the crush. It seemed really random to me because it was shining there in the grass... not on the sidewalk or inside a building on the floor, but it caught my eye in the grass... and it was on heads. I just knew it was for me... Now, I am not a huge person for "luck" and everything, but I think it's blessed... and it is going to help me achieve some of the things I want. So, I carry it around every day in my right pants pocket in hopes that it will bring me a blessing of some sort.

Anyway, after indulging in some liberated Minute Maid Apple Berry Juice, I headed to Seneca. At Kellet, this little girl named Jania really tried my nerves... I was helping her with her homework, and I swear I was ready to just give up on her... but the teacher in me kept helping her... as she fooled around, laughed, played, and disregarded all the help I was trying to give her. I had patience... I'm in the right profession.

Then, I went to the middle school. There my new job is to teach the kids step. They LOVE it! I feel so good that I am teaching them something positive that they really enjoy and want to keep learning. It is awesome to see them working so hard to perfect the moves that I teach them and how creative some of them get making up things that look sorta like the things I do. They made my afternoon really cool.

I was really tired after stepping, but as soon as I got back into Clemson, Kate called and beckoned me to the gym... I love that girl, but she is gonna drive me NUTS! It is good to go and workout... I know that I am really going to benefit from this. I know it's crazy, but sometimes when I am trying to make that last tenth of a mile on the treadmill or that last push up, I think of the crush as my motivation... sometimes I think that maybe the crush will be attracted to me if I work out harder and improve the way I look... I know... THAT is infatuation... yes, I know. But, if nothing else, it pushes me a little more.

Speaking of the crush, I had a GREAT conversation with Tarik about the crush today. It was a very short conversation, but it helped me a lot. I don't want to go into the conversation too much in order to keep it a special conversation... but I will say this. He said to follow my heart and not my mind... and that the right time will come. Just the fact that he said it will come was inspiration enough. He is optimistic... that means a lot, 'cause we all know that I definitely see the Nalgene bottle only half full of Minute Maid Apple Berry Juice...

ANYWAY, after the gym, I went to pep band practice... I was in my contacts too... like I am now. Everyone seems to like the new Hamilton... oh, and it's Hamilton too... not Hammy... 'cause apparently I look grown up now. Patrick said I look more masculine... Sammie said she ain't ready... I think I look like my dad.

**brief interruption... "Tempted by the Fruit of Another" is back on again... haha... we know what THAT song is about!**

So, now I'm on duty... my room is a wreck from the hustle and bustle of the week... Rosanne is on the TV behind me, I got music blaring on my computer, and I'm ready for a night of relaxing and blogging (yeah, I'll probably do it again tonight). No more classes until Tuesday. PRAISE GOD!

No comments: