Tuesday, February 03, 2004

the crush appears in my math textbook

Yes, folks... I just had to break from the norm of writing late late late at night to give you this breaking news. I honestly couldn't believe it when I first saw it. But, the crush is definitely in my math textbook. For those of you who are absolutely oblivious to everything that I am about, I am an Elementary Education major. Being so, there are random students' names thrown all over my curriculum as examples and students in case studies.

Well, today, we were talking about Giant Journals, which is apparently what the teacher uses with younger students who don't know how to put down their own thoughts on paper yet. So, you take a huge flipchart, and write the things that the students learned from the prior lesson. When a student says something and it is written on the flipchart, the student's name is written under the objective they have stated... well, lo and behold, in the example in the book, the crush says, "2 triangles can make a square."

The minute I saw this, I thought back to what I said a few entries back that came from the conversation with Anonymity #1:

...we are always talking about how we want good people that arent just interested in hooking up that are going to be honest and caring and not douches and all... we are saying it to each other, and we could possibly be the solution to each other's problems

Two triangles, can make a square... Two individuals can make a couple... Two people looking for a sincere relationship that are fed up with everyone being all about nookie can have a pleasant relationship together...

So yes... to notice this in a textbook in the middle of Mathematics Methods is absolutely heinous... sorry. No, I'm not...

Well I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be


No comments: