Monday, February 02, 2004

what makes me smile and what makes me frown

I'm looking at a picture of the crush... it's making me smile... as well as the words of wisdom that I got today about the crush... I talked to Tarik and our new friend, Anonymity #2 today. I feel encouraged. And you know what... I am really optimistic. And for this very moment, all I can say is even if the crush doesn't work out, someone will be able to experience just how awesome a guy I am. And I'm not saying that to be uppidy or anything (I mean, after that stuff I told Anonymity #1 last night, I have a right to build myself up a little)... but in talking to Tarik and Anonymity #2 today, I realized that I really am a good guy, and my reasons for liking the crush are honorable... it's not to get a little action, like so many other guys, but it is honestly to have a deeper emotional connection and really show how much I care. Yeah...

...so enough with the overly mushy stuff. But it really does make me smile. I feel like I can talk to the crush... not any time soon or anything... I have to let all of this happy ish marinate for a little bit. Like Tarik said, the time will present itself.

Another thing that makes me smile is how many people read this mess of incessant jibber jabber about my sorry lack of a love life... To you all, I'm flattered... To Dawn, Lee, and Chris Danner, I just wanted to let you all know, you are BLOGWORTHY.

Frowns: FILLIAM WUCKING TELL! I want to cuss like my dear brothers of the Delta Iota chapter of KKPsi, but this is a family show (like Janet Jackson's performance at the SUper Bowl was SUPPOSED to be). Why we played William Tell at tonights basketball game is way over my head... it is so over my head that it is over the river and through the woods, pass grandma's house and over to Pookie 'n dem's house... THAT SONG WAS RIDICULOUS. In ALL of my time in band, I have never been more embarrassed than tonight... I went and got freakin' QUALITIES at marching band competitions with the Eastside High School Sorry Cadets... but I have NEVER been more humiliated than tonight at the 8 minute official time out in the second half of the Duke/Clemson Ladies Basketball game. We played William Tell Overture because some high and mighty person wanted us to... well, needless to say, Littlejohn Coliseum has never seen a quieter moment than after we got done playing that song. Fans sat in their seats with the most pained and confused looks on their faces... I think that the Duke bench actually looked away from their huddle at the band in wonderment... We went from shakin' the southland, to givin' the southland indigestion. Tragic? YES.

Now it's time to talk to my dear nephew Nick... That makes me smile too.

No comments: