Sunday, February 08, 2004

a new ham rule

The whole point of this entry is to come up with a title for it. I can't really think of a title at all, but I am in a pensive mood and I want to write. Today was cool. After I got back from the party at around 2:30, I blogged and talked to people who seemed to be really proud of me for what I did last night. Well, thanks for your words of congratulations and your pride in me... but honestly, I didn't think of it as something incredibly... blogworthy or anything...

Anyway, then, Patrick, Nick, and I went to Clemson Place to look at an apartment. We went and visited my friends Ellen and Mary Beth. It was really fun. All we did was check the apartment out and then sat around and talked about a bunch of stuff. This type of laziness pretty much took precendence for the day. We didn't do anything amazingly fun or anything, but just being in each other's presence was awesome. I'm thankful for Patty and Nick... they ARE blogworthy.

So, we came over here to my room just 'cause there was nothing else to do... We left with intentions of getting my dear sweet Volvo, Kyle, out of the impound... But, Kyle's little vacation at the impound is gonna cost Hamilton $216. Big supa boo. But it's alright. I know it'll be ok.

After that, we went to Chili's Too and had dinner. It was really good. We sat and talked for probably about 2 hours or something. Not about a lot of anything, but you know, it was fun. Surprisingly enough, I was really into the NFL highlights that were playing on the TV above our table... it was REALLY weird... 'cause I'm not incredibly into sports or anything, and I am certainly not a fan of PRO football... but I was way into the Patriots... yeah... weird.

After that, we went to Hoke and Tripp's and hung out and watched a movie... I sat there for the first half just listening to their conversation... that conversation... NOT blogworthy. Everytime I hear people talking about it or am involved in a discussion about it, my heart hurts... All I can say is that it is really crappy when a person intentionally mistreats their significant other... I don't understand how someone can live with the fact that they wronged someone who loves them so much. And about that word love... people throw it around too much. It's precious...

Rule Number 19: The Love Rule
The word "love" is a very precious and powerful word. Use it sparingly and ONLY when you mean it.

So speaking of that word... The worse f***ing day of the year is next Saturday... I have tried to avoid it by taking the weekend for duty. I HATE that day and I figured that it would be best spent in my dorm room on duty. I don't want to say too much about it, 'cause I know that Missy loves it in all of it's pinkness... but it's a craphole of a day. Just thought I would mention that. Time for my nightly IM caucus with the nephew!

So, I think I'll title this entry "A New Ham Rule." Yeah, that works.

No comments: