Monday, February 23, 2004

retreat

THAT was really fun. I always love spending time with my brothers. Surprisingly enough, not nearly as emotional as I thought I would be. Probably because it was hard to get serious on the trip. I was within 20 feet of Sammie the whole time, and she CONSTANTLY keeps me in stitches! I love that girl to death. I would marry her... someone that could keep me smiling and happy all the time... except for the fact that she is mean to me at basketball games sometimes... ANYWAY, I love her to death and I am so happy that she is pledging... and I'm so pissed that someone else is treating her like crap right now... but that's neither here nor there...

No new news... except for maybe the fact that I came to some realizations while having a few deep conversations while on retreat. I was wrong to my ex-girlfriend... don't want to go into it... and there was this r-thingy/dating type thing I had going on with someone this summer (don't worry, you didn't miss anything... it lasted for all of 2 weeks and they lived in Spartanburg). I wasn't ready. I didn't "know myself" I guess...

It turns out that a lot of things don't happen when you want them to because you aren't ready... either you aren't stable enough, you haven't learned from past occurrences, or what is ahead of you is just a little too much for you at the present time. It's really weird that I'm saying all this, 'cause come Thursday I'm gonna probably be back in my rut complaining about what I don't have... but I'm serious when I say this. THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE WORTH WAITING FOR. It's true...

For example... I don't think that I have experienced the best day of my life yet... everyday brings something new, and every new day has the potential to be the best of my life... so I guess, actually, I have had the best day of my life... today. But, tomorrow will be the best day of my life up to that point, because it will have the potential to be the most awesome... When I was younger, I had tons of great things to look forward to... high school, prom, graduation, college... now, I get to look toward graduation, grad school, getting a real job, buying my own place... and yes, someone to share all of that great stuff with. So, the day I graduate will be the best day of my life... but then, after that, starting grad school will be the best day of my life... So, in other words, every new day has the potential to be the best day of your life...

As awful as it sounds, the day I die will truly be the VERY best day of my life... Think about it... it makes sense.

No comments: